We finally got a weekend in up at Mammoth this year. It was great except for Friday when I cried all day because my feet were fighting with my new boots and bindings. Luckily I had new googles too so the tears were sopped up before they hit my nose. My friend Luc learned how to ski, snowboard and sled. He's going to the Olympics soon from what I'm told. It was gorgeous up there but WARM.
Just after I took this picture, one of the "hosts" stopped to see how I was doing. Despite my response that I was fine (which I was since it was Saturday and the war was over with my feet as the victors) he proceeded to question whether I'd had lunch (yes), had enough to drink (yes) and wasn't lost (no). Maybe word got out with the hosts from Friday that the girl in the pumpkin jacket and ginormous googles was a cry baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment