Someone round aboutly recommended that I get a bike at the next San Diego Police Auction and one finally happened on a day that I could make it (more auction pictures on Flickr). So after tricking Chris into attending with me, I went to my first real auction complete with professional auctioneer. It was at the Scottish Rite Center (Steve, it's even better on the inside) and they had 85 - 100 bikes to bid on. Along with a lot of random other stuff. Jackhammer anyone? No? Then perhaps a motorized wheel chair? Rifle scope and iPod combo pack?
We were successful in purchasing not one but 3 bikes for very good prices. Chris not only had to attend but also bid, pack into the car and then spend 3 hours testing and greasing and tensioning and otherwise perfecting my bikes. Now I just have to decide which bike to keep and which to give to Bean.
Oh, and how to get Matilda to ride with me.

1 comment:
I love it when you go to the Police Auction!
Post a Comment