It may just look like a big red bin for recycling clothes and shoes but it's created quite a conundrum for me. The morning I walked up to drop off a bag of clothes it was stuffed full so I took down the website and contacted them to empty it. Then I looked around the website and realized that these bins (which have popped up all over SD) are a for profit company. So the convenience factor is there, clear out some old clothes and it's a few blocks away. But you're not really donating to a good cause. . . unless you consider that it's jobs, the economy, etc. What to do? Is it wrong that they are masquarading as a charity?
While pondering this over the next few days, I drove myself to work and walked right by a similar bin supporting US Veterans. Dilema solved. Clothes recycled.

No comments:
Post a Comment